This van was sold in Feb 2023, but some info and photos may be helpful to anyone building a similar van, so keeping the page live.
You’re on the hunt for a van to call home, but can’t quite find the right match? This one may be the one for you!
I was planning on travelling in this van for a long time, so did not cut costs building this vehicle. It’s an adventure machine! The whole van and electrical system is beautifully over-engineered. It will be more than enough for most folks!
Selling because we’re heading back overseas for an unknown amount of time. She’s better off on an adventure with you! Some bits were finished off by a professional company. They know our van inside-out. If you have any problems with it or want to make changes I can happily share their details.
Van Tour Video
- Ford Transit 2010 (Mid Roof, Mid Wheel Base)
- 241000 KMs on the odometer.
- 2.4 liter Engine
- Manual Transmission
- 80L Fuel Tank = min 800km per tank
- No logbook when bought, but have done regular visits to mechanic checks and services since owning it (with receipts).
- NSW registration valid to 29 July 2023.
- It’s a 5.5m long van, so it fits in a normal car park spot.
- The layout is optimised for living and storage. There is plenty of room.
The layout is very functional (and pretty), especially for those planning extended trips without wanting to take a full-height van.
- Indoor kitchen and sink. Including a small butane camping stove to cook inside on rainy days.
- Outdoor kitchen pulls out and give even more storage options. The outdoor shower doubles up as water supply when cooking outdoors.
- The extendable bed/couch system optimises the space in the van (custom-made mattress).
- Custom-made magnetised blackout curtains. So you can sleep anywhere, anytime.
- Added Sound Deadening Sheets, full insulation on van metal and behind walls (very efficient for cold and hot days). Carpet on exposed metal parts to make it feel more homely.
- Heaps of practical lights, almost too many?
- Surf box… fits three 6’4 boards
- Ability to use the full length of the van when transporting items, by removing storage boxes under the centre of the bed.
- Easy access to the electrical system and fuse box
- Multiple device charging options. USB-A, USB-C, 2x cigarette ports.
- No windows were added to the van to keep it “stealth”. This helps when camping in residential areas. Of course, you could easily add a window if needed.
Professionally installed and checked by an electrician.
- 200aH Enerdrive LiFePO4 Battery
- 2x Solar Panels
- Enerdrive DC2DC battery management unit (solar and alternator battery charging)
- 85L Buschman Fridge
- Fuse Box and Spare Cables for you to add other 12v electrical loads
- Dedicated spot to install an inverter if you need.
- Auto running Water Pump (with switch to turn off and on)
- MaxxFan (roof fan) with remote.
- Sirrocco Fan (inside fan)
- Heaps of lights
- Reversing camera
Under vehicle PVC pipe water storage approx 50L litres. Enough room under van to increased if needed.
Small grey tank under vehicle. 20L
Water pump that runs both inside and outside tap