This post contains is a collection of useful resources and businesses tools that I have consistently used. It should be be useful to most people who work and study from laptops.
Photo / Video
- Health and medical Icons
- https://healthicons.org (free commercial use)
- Remix Icon
- https://remixicon.com (free commercial use)
- Feather Icons
- The Noun Project
- Icons and Photos for almost everything
- SVG patterns to use in you projects
- Ashraf Omran (6000 Free Icons)
- pick a colour, get information and colour pairing suggestions
- Background Generator
- high quality mockups (PSD files)
- free commercial use fonts
- Sort by usable for commercial use, take the hard work out of finding fonts and pairings.
- Get information about common devices screen sizes
- Web content accessibility guidelines to help pick colours
- design, illustration and prototyping application
- generous free account offers
- ipad/iphone app
- handdrawing illustrations, some animation and 3D illustration
- Adobe Suite
- You’ve heard of this before
- Expensive, but it’s the industry standard in a lot of industries!
- Mac only
- Search anything on you mac or the internet all with a shortcut
- a better way to interact with your mac, I’ve used this shortcut an average of 40times a day.
- Allows you to compare email service providers, notably the rate at which your email gets marked as “spam” for each major email service provider.
SEO and Research
- paid, expensive
- paid, expensive
- Competitor website analysis and comparison
- Lists most popular pages, trafic, sources etc.
- Keywords Everywhere
- This little chrome tool is worth it’s weight in gold. Generous free-mium version with the ability to add credits without a subscipriont.
- I love this tool as it gives you at a glance overview of search term competition and suggestions – gives lots of business ideas
- shows you monthly search volume, CPC and competition data of keywords on multiple websites
- Best SEO Tools List
- List of other tools that are useful for SEO
Writing / Copywriting
- Write better marketing copy faster with AI.
- Paid, nice intro offer though
- AI generated copywriting for articles, titles, thumbnails, mission statements etc.
- Parses text and suggests improvements to maintain readability and engagement. Sounds shit, but is really useful.
- Hire remote workers for one off or continued jobs
- Literally anything from video editing to content writing and 3d model design etc
- Hire better devs in Latin America
- Eastern Europe devs
- Get Paid, Not Played (google doc)
- Open source google dock for salary comparison in Australia
Digital Nomad Resources
- Really well maintained list of locations and all relevant information for digital nomads.
- Job Board for remote work
Hopefully some of these end up being useful to you. If you find a tool that you think belongs on this list please reach out!